Saturday, November 7, 2015

By way of introduction

A couple of days a go I received a blog prompt from RevGal Blogs:    When you were 8(ish), what did you want to be when you grew up?
This was my answer:
A nun. The Sound of Music had just been released. Once my parents and Roman Catholic relatives explained that one to me. (It’s pretty hard to be a nun when you are a Presbyterian.) …that’s when I truly understood my obsession with musical theatre.

At this point in life (and part of the reason for beginning this blog) is because I am currently in "places" for Act III of this musical of my life.  So here is a brief introduction.

Act III 
Scene: Living in the Mitten State 
At Rise: Serving "Wee Kirk" (a small little community of believers and seekers of Jesus Christ) 
The Cast: 
The Barrister - partner/husband for the last 30 + years. He is older, wiser, and one of the most laid back people you could ever meet. A lawyer by trade, a peacemaker by nature. Darling Daughter 1 - Sharing space, life and love while working on her advanced degree and attempting to earn a living with her (vocal) music degree. She is also an artist. She channels my mother in keeping the house clean.                                                                Darling Daughter 2 - in her last teen year, a bass major at the local college (yes another music degree). She is a writer and actor. She is also a rebel without a cause since her family gives her nothing to rebel against. Funny, sarcastic. 
The Dog - small, cute with the personality of a pit bull
RevMo - Me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment